Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Long Time Coming


If you are anything like I am you have a ton of clippings, magazines, or books with ideas in it. You know the things you see and you just HAVE to make? Problem is, even if I had all the fabric and yarn in the world I wouldn't have enough time to complete them all. This project is one of the first that caught my eye when I started quilting. I finally made it!!! It took a long time to find the flags. My good friend Susan Noe actually found them for me. They were bigger than the project called for so I had to adjust all the measurements but I think it still came out okay. I had coffee stained it, but it smelled so much of coffee I just "washed" it in cold without any detergent and it still took most of the color out! I may try it again though.

"Liberty" from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting, July/August 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment