Saturday, January 23, 2010

Block of the Months for 2010

I love Block of the Months! They aren't overwhelming. I mean, I can't do anything else after I am done with that block because the next one doesn't come out till next month! My favorite quilt shop, The Country Store Quilt Shop in Shop Springs, has Block of the Month and Buck a Blocks. The Block of the Month had 2 options, I chose the scrappy one. The other is the same design but done in neutrals, it is pretty but not me.

Then they have 3 different Buck a Blocks. Again, same design, different fabric. I couldn't pick just one! I love them both! I used to not really enjoy the classic blocks. I was more into the applique quilts. But with all the amazing fabric out now, I love seeing how modern the classics can look.

I have my eye on some fabric. It's by Riley Blake Designs, called Bloom and Grow. I may need to sell a few things before I can continue to increase my stash though!

No comments:

Post a Comment