Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where are you Mr. Ripper?


There are a lot of important tools to a quilter. A good pair of scissors, a sharp rotary blade, a self-healing mat, good needles, pins, rulers, sewing machine, and last but not least.... a seam ripper. This little tool is the bane of every sewer's existence because you use it when you've screwed up. But without it where would we be? I'll tell you where I'd be... I'd be blogging about a seam ripper instead of FINISHING the last bit of my Cowgirl Quilt! I can't find it....anywhere! I think one of two things has happened. One, it has been stolen and it is screaming out in a muffled voice too tiny for me to hear. Scared and alone, without it's protective top (it's laying next to my sewing machine), wondering if it will ever come to my rescue again. Two, it is hiding on purpose to torture me. It knew I was finishing up my binding and I was bound to screw something up. It was laughing, tucked away in some nook as I practically destroyed my sewing room desperately looking for it. Could there be any other explanation? Well, till I either rescue or lure out the little tool I didn't miss till it was gone, my Cowgirl Quilt will be laying in a heap next to my sewing machine instead of on my couch...which is where it could have been in less than an hour!
See.. I was going along so well....


Then I realized I goofed... That needs to be inside the seam. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment