Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Binding...shortcuts don't always take less time!

Well I thought I'd be smart and bind a little reading/lap quilt by cheating a bit. I made a double fold binding strip, sandwiched, and sewed. First of all the seam isn't the same distance from the edge on each side. Ok, no big deal. The big deal was the last stretch. How not to have a raw edge. My method from my normal way of all machine binding wasn't working out. Well an hour of lots of folding and cutting later I gave up. I did finish it today but I had to add a new piece and it still looks shoddy in my book. I'm not posting a picture of the quilts (I made 2 but only got crazy with the binding on the last one) just yet because they are surprises for a friend. I just hope the friend doesn't look too close!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment