Friday, September 10, 2010

Carter's Quilt, aka, The Fastest Quilt EVER!




Carter's Quilt

Well, I started this project yesterday. I would have finished it yesterday but I lollygagged around.

Cut

A friend's baby is having her 1st birthday party tomorrow. She is at the stage where everything goes in her mouth. I wanted to do a little blanket for her so I started going through all of my quilting magazines.

Summer 2010 issue

I found a recent one that had a quilt that I have been wanting to make but didn't want it that big. This one was perfect to size down. I just did 9 squares and then added a little special something of my own.

Pieced

Layered

I used plain white fabric and 8 10" squares from a layer cake of Moda's Frolic line.
I L-O-V-E this line! It is by Sandy Gervais. She has the cutest blog too.

Quilted and Bound

I did try something new... Continuous binding. I found a great tutorial on YouTube. I can't figure out how to move it so it's at the end of this post.

As for my special addition? I put a ribbon under the binding, which was done completely by machine thank you very much, added a snap and teether. I got her some keys she can put on there too. I had the ribbon and I think it goes well with the quilt both the circles and the colors.






And now for the video for making continuous bias.....

No comments:

Post a Comment